Tuesday, July 01, 2008
There is something I like about seeing words all in a jumble. I took the words from each unit of my FCE students' book and made word pictures out of them, printed them out and hung them up where the students can see them while they are waiting for their class to begin. I'm really pushing them to boost up their vocabulary (and improve their spelling hopefully). Maybe homework can be having them make their own Wordle with the words they like.
Actually, I like the pictures so much that I'm going to print some out to hang in the new house in the office... if the new house ever gets finished, that is.... sigh..
Guidelines for submitting comments
You can rant, you can rave, you can question. I ask only that you are thoughtful about what you write.
Comments are reviewed by me before publication. I don’t edit comments, but I do reserve the right to delete comments that violate my guidelines.
These are the kinds of comments that I think are not appropriate for publication:
- Defamatory or libelous remarks
- Abusive, harassing, or threatening language
- Obscene, vulgar, or profane language
- Racially, ethnically or religiously offensive words
- Illegal or encourages criminal acts
- Known to be inaccurate or contains a false attribution
- Infringes copyrights, trademarks, publicity or any other rights of others
- Impersonates anyone (actual or fictitious)
- Off-topic or spam
- Solicits funds, goods or services, or advertises
Please submit comments in English.
My Link List
In the past I've had a few guest posts. Today is another guest, a very dear friend of mine with an important message to the foreign wi...
Soon the beaches in Libya will be packed with summer beachgoers. I always have found it weird that most Libyans have no idea how to swim, es...
The rains have finally come, accompanied by lightening and thunder. The weather is cooler and the dust has settled. We'll see how treac...
This made me think it would be a nice thing to put all the names of the family in one of these 'wordles'. Think I'll have a go!