Tuesday, June 14, 2005

Adam and Nora's exam results are in.

Adam passed!!! And from what he and his friends say, he is the top of his school. I don't know if he is pulling my leg or not. I told Mustafa to go to the school and check, but he said 'If they are saying that then it's true - end of story.' Adam hasn't been top student in quite a few years - but this is his first year in high school and a new school for him too. I hope it will be a continuing trend!

Nora failed math. She knew she was going to and has been studying while she waited for her exam results. She came straight home from checking on her results and opened her books again. Because she has been realistic about this I have told her she can take the resit exam to see if she can pass. Of course Sara had a fit because I won't let her take resit exams. She hasn't put in any effort to study since she found out she failed, so I told her the rule will stand - no resits for Sara.

I'm not sure when the second exams will be. In the mean time Nora is stuck at home with her books. And I imagine that she will use this as an excuse not to do anything at all around the house.

Other news - Mustafa found some very nice marble for the kitchen and has also found some interesting light fixtures he wants me to have a look at. I feel like we are finally getting somewhere!

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations to those who passed ! When is the thaltah i3dadi result out ? I have a cousing i need to congratulate inshallah.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not sure when the exam results will be out. . . .

    Yep, the kids speak Arabic - consider it their first language

    ReplyDelete
  3. amelia failed math last year... we wanted her to do summer school, but she chose to redo the whole course this year (grade 10)... hopefully she will pass this time... exams started this week.

    ReplyDelete

Guidelines for submitting comments

You can rant, you can rave, you can question. I ask only that you are thoughtful about what you write.

Comments are reviewed by me before publication. I don’t edit comments, but I do reserve the right to delete comments that violate my guidelines.

These are the kinds of comments that I think are not appropriate for publication:

- Defamatory or libelous remarks
- Abusive, harassing, or threatening language
- Obscene, vulgar, or profane language
- Racially, ethnically or religiously offensive words
- Illegal or encourages criminal acts
- Known to be inaccurate or contains a false attribution
- Infringes copyrights, trademarks, publicity or any other rights of others
- Impersonates anyone (actual or fictitious)
- Off-topic or spam
- Solicits funds, goods or services, or advertises



Please submit comments in English.


Thank you

My Link List