Thursday, March 16, 2006

another week nearly over

This week has just flown by. I can't believe that it's already Thursday. Where has the time gone? I think that if there were 48 hours in a day it would still not be enough to accomplish all the tasks that are sitting there waiting for me. In the end I manage to get things done, just takes lots of juggling, shifting and delegating.

The kids have exams next week. If you've read my blog you'll know that I hate exam week. Getting the kids to sit down to study is miserable. I think I get more stressed out and worried about the whole process than they do. I'm completely removing the reciever for the satelite and locking it up. Same goes for the CD player, the power cord for the kid's computer and the playstation. Uuuugghhh! I feel like such a meanie! Still they will manage to find things to do that will waste their time.

Ibrahim had a school field trip yesterday. He was so excited about it and came back exhausted, but with pink cheeks and so happy. He really likes his new school. I see a big improvement in his behaviour and his attitude. He still hates sitting down to work on his homework, but I think that's because he sees his siblings having the same attitude (except for Jenna who loves to study!). I have to settle him down in the evenings and get him to write, but he's doing it and he's proud of himself when he finishes. A big change from before, when he couldn't even sit still for more than half a minute.

4 comments:

  1. Thanks very much for your blog, I enjoy reading it. Actually you are inspiring me to start my own! Keep up the good work.
    Regarding "another week nearly over", an interesting quote I read, which you can reflect on:
    "Time goes, you say? Ah, no! Alas, Time stays, we go" by Henry Austin Dobson

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! - Time - if only there were enough of it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Time is runing!! Mrs Khadija you are wonderfull teacher.

    ReplyDelete
  4. In Libya time is a rubber band. You can stretch it but it never breaks.

    ReplyDelete

Guidelines for submitting comments

You can rant, you can rave, you can question. I ask only that you are thoughtful about what you write.

Comments are reviewed by me before publication. I don’t edit comments, but I do reserve the right to delete comments that violate my guidelines.

These are the kinds of comments that I think are not appropriate for publication:

- Defamatory or libelous remarks
- Abusive, harassing, or threatening language
- Obscene, vulgar, or profane language
- Racially, ethnically or religiously offensive words
- Illegal or encourages criminal acts
- Known to be inaccurate or contains a false attribution
- Infringes copyrights, trademarks, publicity or any other rights of others
- Impersonates anyone (actual or fictitious)
- Off-topic or spam
- Solicits funds, goods or services, or advertises



Please submit comments in English.


Thank you

My Link List