Today the kids got up early and went to the beach with their father. While swimming they all managed to get stung. They had fun regardless of their encounters.
- rinse the area with sea water. Do not scrub or wash with fresh water which will aggravate the stinging cells. Do not pour sun lotion or spirit-based liquid on the area.
- deactivate remaining cells with a vinegar rinse. If no vinegar is available use urine! Really! Preferably male urine as it's considered to be more sterile.
- lift off any remaining tentacles with a stick or something similar.
- if cells still linger, dust with flour and carefully scrape off with a blunt knife.
- after all tentacle sections have gone, pain can be treated with a cold pack and/or a local anesthetic such as a sunburn lotion or insect bite treatment that lists '...ocaine' as an ingredient.
- if there is continued swelling, or itchiness, apply a light steroid cream e.g. Hydrocortisone eczema cream.
- if muscle spasms persist see a doctor.
Best thing to do is to apply heat; the heat dissolves the poison in the skin. Use hot water, or if stung on feet, walk on hot sand.ReplyDelete
Aaaaaakh - you are so lucky to be able to snorkle around in the sea!
in Tunisia we use to apply fresh tomatos. it contains a natural antihistaminic that calm body réaction to poison.ReplyDelete
things are changing with the global warming. and the jelly fish invade the coasts from july.
Glad to Post a comment in this Wonderfull blog
Infact I saw alot of people got stung by Jellyfish and We're doing like bugsbunny by putting tomatos
That fish'll secrete its poison ,,Our body'll secrete histamine whcih'll make many things one of them redness of our face
Tomatos will blockade this histamine and things gonna be better en sha Allah
Fe aman Allah
Thanks for the info...These things sting really nasty, and you're right this is their time.ReplyDelete
Ohh what what what !!!ReplyDelete
Do you mean if I get jellyfish stung, I have to let someone pee on me!! ????
Thanks for information sis. Khadija, but Nooooooo, I would rather die stung than let that happen ...
@ Safia speaks: I think, it doesn't always work, instead heat would be harmful and it could worsen the situation
keep on fresh tomatos and better to keepsmile :)
The best thing to take the sting out of a jellyfish bite is to urinate on it. Really, it works!ReplyDelete
Keepsmile and rosebud; the reason urine works is because it is hot.ReplyDelete
Believe me, I know what I´m talking about: hot water dissolves the posion from jellyfish and many other ocean posions.
Click to read more...
Hey hey! 'comm on Safia URINE!ReplyDelete
I have seen this on Discovery chanal, but yet they convinced me
Fresh Water is ok, but Urine! Nooooooooo
عندما قرأت هذا الموضوع تذكرت عندما لسعت من هذا المخلوق المائي الصغيرReplyDelete
اللسعة كانت منذ سنوات طويلة و أنا طفلة
لكن أثر اللسعة مازال موجودا
رغم هذا مازلت احب البحر و اسبح حتى في الخريف او في مواسم كثرة قناديل البحر على الشاطئ