Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Laundry, kittens and Ibrahim

The water pump has been repaired. It's amazing how much laundry has piled up. It's also cold and rainy so I really don't feel like bothering with the laundry but I have to do it anyway.

The kittens are both still surviving, but I'm not sure how long they will hang on. Mama cat has decided to keep the kittens on the top bunk of the bunkbeds in the girl's room. They have just opened their eyes and are beginning the squirming around stage of their lives - they will most likely fall off the bed. I have enough things in life to worry about - do I really need to add two kittens to the list? When they are not on the top bunk of the bed Mama cat drags them into the living room so they can watch TV with the kids.

We found a school that we think will help Ibrahim. They specialize in kids with learning disabilities, ADHD, speech disorders and other problems. None of the kids there are mentally retarded which was a problem we found in other schools. The doctor was adamant that Ibrahim not be put in a school with the mentally retarded as he thought it would have a negative effect. He said if we couldn't find a suitable school that we should hire a teacher to tutor Ibrahim and keep him at the regular school.

We were happy to find this school. I wish there was some kind of co-ordination with services, schools etc. as it took a lot of running around to find it. The school is not too far away and the class sizes are small - there are only 4 students in Ibrahim's class. He fell in love with his teacher right away and he is sooo excited that he gets to ride the bus to and from school. Keeping my fingers crossed that it works out for him. I know that even in the United States there is a big problem finding the right school, services, etc. if you have a kid with special needs, so you can imagine what it's like here!

The weather is cold and damp. I am enjoying it!

1 comment:

  1. Ibrahim is such a neato kid . I am so happy that you were able to find " his drummer" , so to speak , for him to follow . Good luck Ibby !

    ReplyDelete

Guidelines for submitting comments

You can rant, you can rave, you can question. I ask only that you are thoughtful about what you write.

Comments are reviewed by me before publication. I don’t edit comments, but I do reserve the right to delete comments that violate my guidelines.

These are the kinds of comments that I think are not appropriate for publication:

- Defamatory or libelous remarks
- Abusive, harassing, or threatening language
- Obscene, vulgar, or profane language
- Racially, ethnically or religiously offensive words
- Illegal or encourages criminal acts
- Known to be inaccurate or contains a false attribution
- Infringes copyrights, trademarks, publicity or any other rights of others
- Impersonates anyone (actual or fictitious)
- Off-topic or spam
- Solicits funds, goods or services, or advertises



Please submit comments in English.


Thank you

My Link List