Friday, August 19, 2005

Friends

Friends

Yesterday I was at work and there was a knock on the door. The secretary said there was someone there to see me. She said 'I think it's your sister!' I was very curious and excused myself to see what it was all about. There in the lobby was my good friend Syd. What a surprise! She had come to see if I wanted to go out to grab a burger after work. I told her I would be finished in an hour and to come back and get me.

It was a wonderful surprise. We had a good time and I don't think that I have laughed that much in ages. We poured our hearts out, joked and gossiped. After we ate we took a spin around town.

The air conditioner in the car was so cold that the windows were fogging up. We drove through all the 'in spots' around town and window shopped from the car. – Who would want to get out and walk around in that heat? We oooohed and aaaaaahed at all the expensive stuff in the windows from the comfort of the car while we listened to music. It was like a drive thru-souk. When will Libyans get smart and make a proper air conditioned shopping mall? Oh well, this way we didn't spend anything.

After a few hours it was time to go home. Back to being a mom and a housewife again.

Thanks Syd for such a nice treat!

4 comments:

  1. Sometimes it is sooooo nice to get away from the house and kids. It is hard especially when you have no money! But I try to do it now and then. Good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a good friend that I get together with to have some fun. But with her five boys and my four kids it makes for a noisy gathering until school starts again. And when is that ??? certainly not soon enough.

    So there are no malls there? Here all the older souks are being torn down to make way for malls. I like the outdoor older souks just not in the heat. I would prefer a good balance of both.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had a Fantabulios Time !!! I can't wait to kidnap you again another time to finish our conversation !!! Syd

    ReplyDelete

Guidelines for submitting comments

You can rant, you can rave, you can question. I ask only that you are thoughtful about what you write.

Comments are reviewed by me before publication. I don’t edit comments, but I do reserve the right to delete comments that violate my guidelines.

These are the kinds of comments that I think are not appropriate for publication:

- Defamatory or libelous remarks
- Abusive, harassing, or threatening language
- Obscene, vulgar, or profane language
- Racially, ethnically or religiously offensive words
- Illegal or encourages criminal acts
- Known to be inaccurate or contains a false attribution
- Infringes copyrights, trademarks, publicity or any other rights of others
- Impersonates anyone (actual or fictitious)
- Off-topic or spam
- Solicits funds, goods or services, or advertises



Please submit comments in English.


Thank you

My Link List