Sunday, February 06, 2011

Lazy rainy weather


It's been raining for the last few days. The streets are flooded making driving even more treacherous than usual. I decided to cancel work for the evening and relax at home, listening to the rain on the roof and drinking hot herbal tea. In America people have been having days off for snow, so I should be allowed a rainy day off. The electricity has been going on and off throughout the afternoon and evening. And the internet has been sporadic. But the candles are lit and the house is cozy.

Our neighbours in Egypt are still in limbo. Interest is waning in our house - there is only just so much Aljazeera that can be watched (and it helps that the electricity keeps going off). It looks like Mubarrak isn't going to budge, which is what I suspected from the beginning. There are rumours that something similar will happen here in Libya, but I'll believe it when I see it.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Guidelines for submitting comments

You can rant, you can rave, you can question. I ask only that you are thoughtful about what you write.

Comments are reviewed by me before publication. I don’t edit comments, but I do reserve the right to delete comments that violate my guidelines.

These are the kinds of comments that I think are not appropriate for publication:

- Defamatory or libelous remarks
- Abusive, harassing, or threatening language
- Obscene, vulgar, or profane language
- Racially, ethnically or religiously offensive words
- Illegal or encourages criminal acts
- Known to be inaccurate or contains a false attribution
- Infringes copyrights, trademarks, publicity or any other rights of others
- Impersonates anyone (actual or fictitious)
- Off-topic or spam
- Solicits funds, goods or services, or advertises



Please submit comments in English.


Thank you

My Link List