Thursday, February 24, 2011

It just goes on, and on, and on....

Since last night we've had really high winds. The rains have stopped for the moment and the sun is out but it's cold. The winds are howling angrily around my house. I'm grateful that we are inside where it's warm. 

My friend that has been stuck in Benghazi 'might' be evacuated today. Other colleagues in Tripoli are unreachable. I hope this means they have managed to get out of here, but from what I see on the news it is unlikely. I just hope they have managed to get inside the airport, out of the cold wind and rain. 

It's hard to say what's happening in Libya from where I am. We're relying on the news and internet like everyone else in the world. If the weather improves I will go for a walk to see what I can hear in the distance, but mostly because we're getting on each other's nerves!

There was a HUGE double rainbow yesterday evening. I think Nora captured a shot of it on her camera. I'll look for it and post it later.

7 comments:

  1. CNN,BBC and Fox news state that the death toll so far is 146. Is this correct that there are so many casualities?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by "Pin Shy" Avenue. It's hard to believe that fear stalks the streets of Tripoli, (and no doubt Janzur, Zawiyah, and Imsallata) that I know so well. It's like hearing that an old friend is in trouble, and realizing how much you care about them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Will people stop asking her to confirm things from over there. She is writing what she can and has to think of her family. This is from someone who is safe outside of the country. Lets just leave it as bad and no one knows anything

    ReplyDelete
  4. In Genesis the rainbow is a sign of God's promise to His people. I hope it's also a sign of tranquility from this mess and that it is coming to you guys very soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been checking here every day to see how you're doing. I am relieved you and your family are still safe. My heart grieves for the people of my beloved Libya. Stay strong, stay safe and thank you for being a conduit of information in this confusing and frightening time. ~ SJ

    ReplyDelete
  6. Here's the latest news update

    http://www.gaddafiduck.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's very hopeful to hear a voice from Tripoli. Here from Brazil I send my greetings to you and your family. Democracy is the best regime for any country and people.

    ReplyDelete

Guidelines for submitting comments

You can rant, you can rave, you can question. I ask only that you are thoughtful about what you write.

Comments are reviewed by me before publication. I don’t edit comments, but I do reserve the right to delete comments that violate my guidelines.

These are the kinds of comments that I think are not appropriate for publication:

- Defamatory or libelous remarks
- Abusive, harassing, or threatening language
- Obscene, vulgar, or profane language
- Racially, ethnically or religiously offensive words
- Illegal or encourages criminal acts
- Known to be inaccurate or contains a false attribution
- Infringes copyrights, trademarks, publicity or any other rights of others
- Impersonates anyone (actual or fictitious)
- Off-topic or spam
- Solicits funds, goods or services, or advertises



Please submit comments in English.


Thank you

My Link List