Saturday, August 09, 2008

Weekend... did a bunch of stuff

I had a nice weekend. Yesterday morning I did some lesson planning. In the afternoon I took a long drive with Jenna, Sara and a friend visiting Libya. We drove out to the mountains and had a relaxing afternoon. We started to head back home as the sun was setting and it was a spectacular sight. I didn't take any pictures... a sunset like that can never be duplicated by any means. It was amazing.

This morning was spent looking at appliance shops. I finally replaced the washing machine with a nice big 15 kilo top loading model. Mustafa went and picked it up this evening. It was a group effort but we got it up the stairs and set up. Since then we've been washing everything in the house! We looked at stoves and refrigerators too this morning to get some ideas for the house. The weather this morning was scorching hot. The kind of heat that sucks the life right out of you. We all took naps after lunch. More lesson planning and preparation this evening.

I didn't get out shopping with my mother-in-law. I never had time to go over to her house to ask her. I will have to see about that this week.

Back to work tomorrow. It was a nice, productive weekend.


3 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the new addition! Hope you have a long and mechanically free relationship. I do recall some particularly spectactular sunsets - keep cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi ,Please post some pictures of your trips. I heard there are lot of beautiful places in and around Tripoli. Happy weekend.
    Bye.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW !!! After reading all your rules and guidelines , I am not too sure what I AM able to write !

    But what I wanted to say was Bitching machine !!!! Congrats and I hope that the " fuzzy logic " on it doesn't drive you too crazy .Is that ok to say ?


    Gee I remember when you used to write comments on my blog about me approving my comments , or censorship as you called it . Post this or not , it doesn't really matter , lol ! Mabrook for the new machine!!!

    ReplyDelete

Guidelines for submitting comments

You can rant, you can rave, you can question. I ask only that you are thoughtful about what you write.

Comments are reviewed by me before publication. I don’t edit comments, but I do reserve the right to delete comments that violate my guidelines.

These are the kinds of comments that I think are not appropriate for publication:

- Defamatory or libelous remarks
- Abusive, harassing, or threatening language
- Obscene, vulgar, or profane language
- Racially, ethnically or religiously offensive words
- Illegal or encourages criminal acts
- Known to be inaccurate or contains a false attribution
- Infringes copyrights, trademarks, publicity or any other rights of others
- Impersonates anyone (actual or fictitious)
- Off-topic or spam
- Solicits funds, goods or services, or advertises



Please submit comments in English.


Thank you

My Link List