Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Thing 1 and 2 and 3 and 4 and 5 and 6!

We had a big storm this afternoon. The sky went black and it got really windy. Then it started raining hard and hailing. The wind was blowing the rain horizontally and it was hitting the windows with such strength that I thought for sure the glass would break. After the downpour the temperature dropped and it has been icy-cold outside tonight. It's been raining off and on all night. The streets are flooded and it's dangerous to drive around because you don't know if the puddles you drive through are a few inches deep or if there is a deep hole hiding beneath the water's surface. The weather is supposed to be pretty much like this for the next four days.

Actually I enjoy this kind of weather but the kids have school holidays and are stuck inside. Remember that Dr. Suesse book the Cat in the Hat? The story starts out with the two kids staring out the window at the rain, complaining about being bored with nothing to do. Along comes the Cat in the Hat and the Things.... hmmm... I think I have given birth to things! Not one of my kids sits still and gazes out the window, and they certainly don't get upset when the house is turned upside-down. My house looks a sight and I have given up trying to keep it straight.

The kids go back to school on Sunday... I cannot wait... I'm counting the minutes.




5 comments:

  1. The storm of today struck a blow
    It’s sure comes fast and goes slow

    Love rain but bad storm is not mine
    It comes gentle from time to time
    That’s when I’m doing fine

    Our temperature turns an icy-cold
    Take an umbrella if you’re bold

    Hail, Hail turns my house to a jail
    Waiting to get my kids out on bail

    The kids go back to school on Sunday
    Can’t wait to get them out of my way
    I’m praying N’ hoping to be a fine day

    ReplyDelete
  2. my name is aml anwr hamouda iam from egypt.i studied in lybia since 1975 until 1985.iam looking for my friend amna mohamed el araby.i hope remember me and know her.note;i was at tareik el mostakbal preparatory school,ben turkia secondry school in triboli.please help if you know any details.my phone number 0020103099060

    ReplyDelete
  3. dont post your phone number you will get weird people calling you. good luck in your search.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kifhalik Khadija?

    Actually this bad weather caused us to lose internet connection for more than a week, I still don’t have internet at home, when I call ltt, they say all dial up accounts are out of order, they advice me to move on to ADSL, I know nothing about this service, and your previous writings are not encouraging, I don’t know what to do, even alfalak and other companies are having the same problem. :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks for your advice but really i need any help to know any information about the pharmasict /dr/amna mohamed el araby and propaply she is working in abo slim, my email is aml_hamouda@yahoo.com,thank you again

    ReplyDelete

Guidelines for submitting comments

You can rant, you can rave, you can question. I ask only that you are thoughtful about what you write.

Comments are reviewed by me before publication. I don’t edit comments, but I do reserve the right to delete comments that violate my guidelines.

These are the kinds of comments that I think are not appropriate for publication:

- Defamatory or libelous remarks
- Abusive, harassing, or threatening language
- Obscene, vulgar, or profane language
- Racially, ethnically or religiously offensive words
- Illegal or encourages criminal acts
- Known to be inaccurate or contains a false attribution
- Infringes copyrights, trademarks, publicity or any other rights of others
- Impersonates anyone (actual or fictitious)
- Off-topic or spam
- Solicits funds, goods or services, or advertises



Please submit comments in English.


Thank you

My Link List