Monday, January 08, 2007

Run, run, run...

So far it's been a stressful week. The kids have exams and I've been pushing them non-stop to study. Everyone is recovering from the flu and colds and no one really feels like pushing themselves to do more than what's essential.



Yesterday was my first day back to work. One teacher was out sick with the flu so I was covering for her two classes. One of them had a progress test so I let them go for it and would pop in from time to time to check on them while my class was busy with a reading exercise. I then combined her other class with one of mine and we worked on vocabulary for countries, and land features - useful for every level. My drawing is improving! The whiteboard was covered with mountains and valleys, rivers and wadis, islands and peninsulas, oceans and seas, countries, states, counties, cities, towns and villages. The whole world on a whiteboard!



In between all the teaching there was a non-stop supply of visitors of former students who were stopping by to wish me Happy Eid and New Year. It was a nice, but exhausting day. I came home and headed straight for a hot shower, had something to eat, helped Ibrahim with his homework and then went to bed. It always seems that the first day back to work after a break is just run, run run the whole time - tiring. Or maybe it's always that way and I just got out of the routine of it all.

4 comments:

  1. I know exactly how first day back at work can feel like!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Off the subject but ......
    Happy Joy Germ Day ! See below list for explaination , lol !

    BIZARRE FILE:

    January 1 is Get a Life Day

    January 2 is Happy Mew Year for Cats Day

    January 8 is National Joy Germ Day

    January 16 is Get to Know Your Customers Day

    January 19 is Penguin Awareness Day

    January 21 is Rid The World of Fad Diets and Gimmicks Day

    January 21 is also Squirrel Appreciation Day

    January 22 is Answer Your Cats Questions Day

    January 27 is Bubble Wrap Appreciation Day

    January 30 is Inane Answering Message Day

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do not work and I am having trouble getting all those after the holidays jobs started! Hang in there we will "GET Er' Done"!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hear you! When the day begins, I wonder if I am going to make it to the end, but then it flies by and seems like I need more hours in a day!

    ReplyDelete

Guidelines for submitting comments

You can rant, you can rave, you can question. I ask only that you are thoughtful about what you write.

Comments are reviewed by me before publication. I don’t edit comments, but I do reserve the right to delete comments that violate my guidelines.

These are the kinds of comments that I think are not appropriate for publication:

- Defamatory or libelous remarks
- Abusive, harassing, or threatening language
- Obscene, vulgar, or profane language
- Racially, ethnically or religiously offensive words
- Illegal or encourages criminal acts
- Known to be inaccurate or contains a false attribution
- Infringes copyrights, trademarks, publicity or any other rights of others
- Impersonates anyone (actual or fictitious)
- Off-topic or spam
- Solicits funds, goods or services, or advertises



Please submit comments in English.


Thank you

My Link List