Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Getting back to a regular routine

On the third day of Eid we went for a picnic in the mountains. After we ate lunch the kids all clamoured up the mountain and I followed them until the base but didn't go up with them. Instead Ibrahim and I poked around the small wadis that are in the area and looked at the plants and wildlife.

Ibrahim turned over a large rock and found a huge brown spider underneath. It looked almost like a tarantula but a little smaller and not as hairy. We let him be and continued on. I found a few prehistoric hand tools to add to my collection. A small grinding stone and a rather sharp looking blade. It's amazing what you find if you only open your eyes and look.

The kids started back to school yesterday but I still have the rest of the week off. Next week the kids have exams and I will turn back into my role of mean mommy, enforcer of rules and the guard of the TV. Uuggh! I hate that part of my job!

4 comments:

  1. What a nice day you had.
    Maybe one day you can some pictures of your collection?! I would love to see all that you have found.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes I would also love to see pics of your collection too. Do you display your collection?

    What's the progress on the new house?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Progress on the house is slooooooow. It's very discouraging to me but there isn't much I can do about it except nag my poor husband (which I do continuously!).

    I have my collection of stuff stuck everywhere! Hopefully when we move I will have a place to put some on display.... more junk to dust!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Eid and New Year to you and your family Khadijateri

    ReplyDelete

Guidelines for submitting comments

You can rant, you can rave, you can question. I ask only that you are thoughtful about what you write.

Comments are reviewed by me before publication. I don’t edit comments, but I do reserve the right to delete comments that violate my guidelines.

These are the kinds of comments that I think are not appropriate for publication:

- Defamatory or libelous remarks
- Abusive, harassing, or threatening language
- Obscene, vulgar, or profane language
- Racially, ethnically or religiously offensive words
- Illegal or encourages criminal acts
- Known to be inaccurate or contains a false attribution
- Infringes copyrights, trademarks, publicity or any other rights of others
- Impersonates anyone (actual or fictitious)
- Off-topic or spam
- Solicits funds, goods or services, or advertises



Please submit comments in English.


Thank you

My Link List