Saturday, November 20, 2004

We did it!

Yesterday I told the kids that as soon as we finished lunch we were going to take ALL the winter clothes out of the storage and go through them - decide what was garbage, what was hand-me-downs and what was wearable. So while I washed up the dishes the kids were busy dragging out all the clothes and piling them in the living room. Then we spent the entire afternoon sorting them all out in different piles.

Mustafa complained about the growing garbage pile. He kept saying things like 'I think this one is still usable.' 'That one's a classic.' 'I'm sure this one could be fixed if we take it to the tailor.' 'I think if we keep this one it will come back in style again.' - but most of all he kept saying - 'I spent a fortune on these clothes and none of you appreciate it!' - Finally, God blessed us with his mercy - Mustafa decided to go out and leave us be.

The kids got bored after a while and I had threaten them with bodily harm if they didn't help me finish off the job. But we got the job done and we won't have to do it again until it's time to take out the summer clothes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Guidelines for submitting comments

You can rant, you can rave, you can question. I ask only that you are thoughtful about what you write.

Comments are reviewed by me before publication. I don’t edit comments, but I do reserve the right to delete comments that violate my guidelines.

These are the kinds of comments that I think are not appropriate for publication:

- Defamatory or libelous remarks
- Abusive, harassing, or threatening language
- Obscene, vulgar, or profane language
- Racially, ethnically or religiously offensive words
- Illegal or encourages criminal acts
- Known to be inaccurate or contains a false attribution
- Infringes copyrights, trademarks, publicity or any other rights of others
- Impersonates anyone (actual or fictitious)
- Off-topic or spam
- Solicits funds, goods or services, or advertises



Please submit comments in English.


Thank you

My Link List