Thursday, May 08, 2008

A preview...

My husband came home and told me that there is an American woman living nearby, married to a Libyan guy. She's a newbie... been here only a few months. A newbie.... sigh...

It sometimes seems like ages ago that I came here. I guess 19 and a half years is ages. And I was unfortunate enough to come in the late 80's when there was nothing in the shops, no satellite TV, few telephones, and nothing much to do. I also lived with my in laws for the first year. One room in a house that had thirteen other people living in it. We were renovating our flat... a process that took a year because the necessary things such as paint and tile didn't exist in Libya.

I call that year 'The longest year of my life' and sometimes 'The year from HELL'.

Stayed tuned... I will tell you about it in an upcoming post.


4 comments:

  1. Assalam Alikom

    v.good plog , it's realy nice

    i didn't see the 80s years , but my father & my mother says alot about that years , they wer so hard years for libyans , but for u ofcourse this the year of the hell !

    I think u get v.good experiense & u r a very strong person becouse u make great changes in ur life by ur marrieg from a libyan man & accepting living in Libya !

    i wish Libya becomes better & better

    good luck for u & ur family.

    Lutfia Kamal

    ReplyDelete
  2. would an american woman married to a libyan be able to adapt well to the libyan way i have seen pictures and libya is beautifull
    where in america is this woman from where did you meet your husband was it in america before you went to libya in the 80's

    ReplyDelete
  3. where did you meet your husband was it in america and did you want to go back to america at first when you went to libya

    ReplyDelete
  4. where is on the edge from are you an american living in libya or are you libyan

    ReplyDelete

Guidelines for submitting comments

You can rant, you can rave, you can question. I ask only that you are thoughtful about what you write.

Comments are reviewed by me before publication. I don’t edit comments, but I do reserve the right to delete comments that violate my guidelines.

These are the kinds of comments that I think are not appropriate for publication:

- Defamatory or libelous remarks
- Abusive, harassing, or threatening language
- Obscene, vulgar, or profane language
- Racially, ethnically or religiously offensive words
- Illegal or encourages criminal acts
- Known to be inaccurate or contains a false attribution
- Infringes copyrights, trademarks, publicity or any other rights of others
- Impersonates anyone (actual or fictitious)
- Off-topic or spam
- Solicits funds, goods or services, or advertises



Please submit comments in English.


Thank you

My Link List