Saturday, May 31, 2008

Giving in to the flu

I've got some kind of weird flu or virus. Last Wednesday I felt like I was coming down with something but I just continued on my merry way. Life doesn't stop when you have a list of things to do that's miles long, does it?

Thursday I got to work and had that weird tingling feeling you get when you are going to break out with a fever blister. My bottom lip started swelling up but no blister appeared. After a while the bottom lip's swelling went down and the top lip started to swell with that same weird tingling sensation. It was strange because after a while the top lip's swelling subsided and the bottom lip (other side this time) started to swell up along with my right eye. Since the classrooms had recently been painted and there was still ongoing work I put it down to some kind of allergic reaction. On the way home I stopped at the pharmacy and bought some antihistamines which seemed to help.

By Friday I was feeling the awful, achy, miserable feeling you get with the flu. I gave in and just stayed in bed. This afternoon I finally got up and took a steamy hot bath, which seemed to make the aches and pains feel better. The kids have been doing a good job at taking care of the house because they've invited their friends over. Do I need any extra people in the house when I am not feeling well? No, of course not... but it's a good excuse to stay hidden in my room, laying in bed, watching movies on my iPod.

Mustafa came in with a measuring tape and told me he was going to take measurements so they could dig my grave. Ha! I can just see Mustafa having an argument with the Egyptian gravediggers - first he will complain about how much they will charge him to get the job done and then he will stand and moan and complain about the quality of work they are doing... lol

Hopefully I will feel good as new by tomorrow. I have things that need to get done.

4 comments:

  1. Get well soon and take good care of yourself!

    With kind regards :).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Khadija
    Get well quick, and take the measuring tape then tie your husband up and leave him in the house for a whole day while you and the kids spend a day at Ain Zara picnicking. I think he tries to have some kind of sense of a humor while around you, but his sense of humor is kind of a dry one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm feeling better! Thanks for all your well wishes!

    ReplyDelete

Guidelines for submitting comments

You can rant, you can rave, you can question. I ask only that you are thoughtful about what you write.

Comments are reviewed by me before publication. I don’t edit comments, but I do reserve the right to delete comments that violate my guidelines.

These are the kinds of comments that I think are not appropriate for publication:

- Defamatory or libelous remarks
- Abusive, harassing, or threatening language
- Obscene, vulgar, or profane language
- Racially, ethnically or religiously offensive words
- Illegal or encourages criminal acts
- Known to be inaccurate or contains a false attribution
- Infringes copyrights, trademarks, publicity or any other rights of others
- Impersonates anyone (actual or fictitious)
- Off-topic or spam
- Solicits funds, goods or services, or advertises



Please submit comments in English.


Thank you

My Link List