Nearly finished

Next week starts the beginning of final exams for school kids in Libya. I've been here nearly 20 years and I still can't get used to the idea that the academic year here finishes in May and the summer holiday doesn't end until September.... it's a looooooong summer here.

I'm cutting back a bit on my work hours so I can sit on top of my kids and stress out over the fact that they have more interest in watching TV and other useless objectives instead of sticking their noses in their books. I'll have to guide them in the direction of study, study, study... I need a cattle prod - one of those electrified ones to stab them with whenever they think about anything besides their books. Two of my kids are in their final year - Nora with high school and Sara will move on to secondary school.

I feel my blood pressure rising already.... sigh....




Comments

Below are some of my most popular posts. Enjoy!

A Very Important Guest Post

Old Wive's Tales

Mini Vacay

Eid Greetings

How important is a good night's sleep?

A Big Fat Libyan Wedding

Christmas in Libya

Keep blogging Libyans!

You can do whatever you want in Libya

Facing the Brutal Reality