Sunday, February 27, 2005

More Plumbing in Libya

The bathroom sink developed a leak - drip , drip, drip.
I asked Mustafa to see about getting a plumber to fix it. He said, 'Grumble, grumble, grrrr.'

Drip, drip, drip. A few days go by.


'Hey, is this going to get fixed?' I ask. Mustafa doesn't say anything - just glares at me.

I decide not to interfere. Finally after a few days he comes home with the flexible pipes that need to be replaced. Nice shiny, new ones. Oh good I think - progress!

Drip, drip, drip - two more days go by. I am getting tired of this - the bag with the new flexible pipes is collecting dust. But still I decide that I won't interfere.


Drip, drip, drip. Chinese water torture!


Mustafa comes home one evening and has his dinner, his fill of Aljazeera and the daily news. It's about 10pm - he gets the bag of new flexible pipes and looks at it. Then he procedes to the tool box. 'Grumble, grumble, grumble.' After jingle-jangling the tools around for a while he finds a wrench and heads toward the bathroom. Bang, bang, bang! I go to see what's happening and find him banging on the pipes with a wrench. I watch quietly for a while and then say, 'Wouldn't it be alot easier just to hire a plumber?' - 'Grumble, grumble, grumble.' I just shake my head and find something to keep me busy. I decide the stay out of the way policy will be wisest.


Bang, bang, bang. - This goes on for about 2 hours.

Finally Mustafa gives up for the evening. - Thank God!


In the morning Mustafa gets started early. He's determined to fix this. Bang, bang, bang - with gusto now. After a while the banging stops. Mustafa heads for the storage room and comes out weilding power tools - a power saw to be exact! Then the hunt is on for the extention cord - I pretend not to notice what he is doing - continuing my stay out of the way policy.

After a search of the boys room he gets the extention cord that they use for their computer. What is it with men and power tools? I hear him in the bathroom sawing on something - I can't resist - I have to look.


He is sawing off the faucetts!


'What ARE you doing?' I ask. 'Have you lost your mind?' He says he's trying to get the faucett off with the saw because he doesn't have the right size wrench. I tell him 'I think plumbers usually have the right sized wrenches with them.'and I add, 'If you don't stop this right now, I am going to get the camera out and take a picture of you - because YOU look STUPID!.'

He stops - and decides to call it quits for today. - Maybe he will hire a plumber tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Guidelines for submitting comments

You can rant, you can rave, you can question. I ask only that you are thoughtful about what you write.

Comments are reviewed by me before publication. I don’t edit comments, but I do reserve the right to delete comments that violate my guidelines.

These are the kinds of comments that I think are not appropriate for publication:

- Defamatory or libelous remarks
- Abusive, harassing, or threatening language
- Obscene, vulgar, or profane language
- Racially, ethnically or religiously offensive words
- Illegal or encourages criminal acts
- Known to be inaccurate or contains a false attribution
- Infringes copyrights, trademarks, publicity or any other rights of others
- Impersonates anyone (actual or fictitious)
- Off-topic or spam
- Solicits funds, goods or services, or advertises



Please submit comments in English.


Thank you

My Link List