Please see the tabs above for my Link List and My Journal of the months that the internet was turned off during the February 17th Revolution.

Friday, August 20, 2010

Ramadan..... a time for visiting friends and family

Last night the girls and I (minus Nora) spent some time with my good friend OTE. We picked her up and drove around. Whenever we'd see a shop that had clothes displayed in the window that the girls thought looked good we'd stop and the girls would get out and investigate. While the girls shopped, OTE and I sat in the car and visited. Then the girls would get back in the car and we'd drive someplace else. At one point the girls came back with ice-cream for all. Later we stopped for more snacks.

This system of Eid clothes shopping-visiting is working out great. The girls are getting their shopping done and I get to hang out with a friend that I can talk to without any kids (or husbands) hanging around listening (and interrupting). It feels so nice to get a chance to have a one-to-one visit for a change.


This certainly beats the conventional Ramadan visiting of friends and family.  I'll have to see which one of my friends (or in-laws) wants to be my next guest.

4 comments:

  1. Me !!!! I want to do it all over again !!I had a ball !Let me know when the next trip is on ok? Thank you so much 4 the phone . I am going crazy learning how it works .LOL !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok OTE... we will have a repeat visit! It was fun and the girls want you to be our guest again too. By the way.. my phone is on SILENT so text me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A totally awesome idea. You're killing two birds with one stone-- the necessity of clothes shopping for the girls, as well as the "expected" visiting being done. It's a win-win!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am very impressed with this blog.
    keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete

Guidelines for submitting comments

You can rant, you can rave, you can question. I ask only that you are thoughtful about what you write.

Comments are reviewed by me before publication. I don’t edit comments, but I do reserve the right to delete comments that violate my guidelines.

These are the kinds of comments that I think are not appropriate for publication:

- Defamatory or libelous remarks
- Abusive, harassing, or threatening language
- Obscene, vulgar, or profane language
- Racially, ethnically or religiously offensive words
- Illegal or encourages criminal acts
- Known to be inaccurate or contains a false attribution
- Infringes copyrights, trademarks, publicity or any other rights of others
- Impersonates anyone (actual or fictitious)
- Off-topic or spam
- Solicits funds, goods or services, or advertises



Please submit comments in English.


Thank you

LinkWithin - automatically generated

Related Posts with Thumbnails