Halfway

We've reached the half way mark. We're settled into the Ramadan routine; fast and pray, eat and sleep... and for most people, shop. I went to my in-laws the other day and invited them over for an evening and suhoor (the final meal before you begin fasting at dawn). My mother-in-law said she'd get back with me about when they can all come at once. All meaning ...all of my sister-in-laws and their offspring and my mother-in-law of course - a huge crowd. So far she hasn't called me. I'll have to call her tomorrow and see what's up.

Eid clothes are one thing that needs to be taken care of, hopefully this week. And school will begin as soon as Ramadan and Eid are over. I stopped at a tailor's to see how much it will cost to have school uniforms made... 50 dinars for a high school uniform and 45 for middle school. I'll have to take the kids tomorrow to be measured. Hopefully we'll get school supplies done this week too. ... and shoes... everyone needs new shoes.

Comments

Below are some of my most popular posts. Enjoy!

A Very Important Guest Post

Old Wive's Tales

Mini Vacay

Eid Greetings

How important is a good night's sleep?

A Big Fat Libyan Wedding

Christmas in Libya

You can do whatever you want in Libya

Keep blogging Libyans!

Facing the Brutal Reality