Tuesday, December 22, 2009

That's a lot of psychos!

I've been doing quite a bit of reading lately. Not any book or any thing in particular, just reading. I've been using Google Fast Flip , the Times Skimmer and Wordds and reading whatever headlines seem to jump out at me. I like these three websites because the articles are all current and up to date. When I find something that really strikes me as interesting I look up more information about the subject using Wikipedia.

Today something led me to look up psychopathy. I never really truly understood the subject before reading what Wikipedia had to say. I found out some amazing facts:

  • One, psychopaths are predators who use charm, manipulation, sex and violence to control others and satisfy their needs.
  • Two, they lack the ability to show empathy and they have no conscience - no guilt and no remorse!
  • Three, forget about a cure because there are no medications or effective treatment for psychopaths. Even talk therapy is useless because they will just learn to be more manipulative.
  • Four, this is the scariest fact of all..... they estimate that one percent of the general population are psychopaths! If my math is correct, that means that there are about 60,000.... gulp.... psychopaths in Libya! (and a whole lot more in other parts of the world) That is really amazing!
I wonder how many of them have posted comments on my blog????

3 comments:

  1. Has Rahim (A.K.A. Valentin) commenting on your blog again?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kristen... haven't had him lately unless he's changed his name. I've had some really strange one's lately though... sigh...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I might know a couple of them, though I keep a large distance!!

    ReplyDelete

Guidelines for submitting comments

You can rant, you can rave, you can question. I ask only that you are thoughtful about what you write.

Comments are reviewed by me before publication. I don’t edit comments, but I do reserve the right to delete comments that violate my guidelines.

These are the kinds of comments that I think are not appropriate for publication:

- Defamatory or libelous remarks
- Abusive, harassing, or threatening language
- Obscene, vulgar, or profane language
- Racially, ethnically or religiously offensive words
- Illegal or encourages criminal acts
- Known to be inaccurate or contains a false attribution
- Infringes copyrights, trademarks, publicity or any other rights of others
- Impersonates anyone (actual or fictitious)
- Off-topic or spam
- Solicits funds, goods or services, or advertises



Please submit comments in English.


Thank you

My Link List