Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Did you feel it?

This morning there was an earthquake off the coast of Libya near the city of Misurata. You can find the technical info about it here: Earthquake Misurata

As far as I know no one was hurt and there have been no damages. In May of 2008 I wrote about an earthquake near Al-Marj and also gave a little bit of history of quakes in Libya, some of them taking thousands of lives.

Something really weird happened though. On the day of the earthquake in May of 2008 I visited a friend in an office near the Corinthia. I don't visit her very often, maybe a couple of times a year. Well guess what? I visited her today at the same office. Isn't that strange? Or maybe not... two minds meet and earthshaking stuff starts to happen. . . :)


3 comments:

  1. please do not visit her again :p lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi;

    I am from Misurata.
    I feel the quake, it was very short and nothing bad happened.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LazyGirl... glad to hear that all is well, elhamdulillah!

    ReplyDelete

Guidelines for submitting comments

You can rant, you can rave, you can question. I ask only that you are thoughtful about what you write.

Comments are reviewed by me before publication. I don’t edit comments, but I do reserve the right to delete comments that violate my guidelines.

These are the kinds of comments that I think are not appropriate for publication:

- Defamatory or libelous remarks
- Abusive, harassing, or threatening language
- Obscene, vulgar, or profane language
- Racially, ethnically or religiously offensive words
- Illegal or encourages criminal acts
- Known to be inaccurate or contains a false attribution
- Infringes copyrights, trademarks, publicity or any other rights of others
- Impersonates anyone (actual or fictitious)
- Off-topic or spam
- Solicits funds, goods or services, or advertises



Please submit comments in English.


Thank you

My Link List