Thursday, August 16, 2012

Looking Forward

I'm wrapping things up and planning my trip back to Libya. Packing up and doing last minute things. Ramadan is almost over. I've enjoyed spending it with my son and also sharing iftar (fast breaking meals) with family and friends. Next week my mother will be celebrating her 77th birthday, so that's something to plan for and look forward to.

What do I have to look forward to in Libya? They've been having rolling blackouts throughout the country - and this being the hottest part of the year with temperatures over a hundred degrees F most of the time. My family tell me the power is out a few hours every day and it is expected to get worse, not better.

I've been told that there are a few casualties in my garden. And the kids will be getting ready to begin a new school year. I'll have plenty to keep me busy.... but not until I get over jet lag... I am not looking forward to that!

2 comments:

  1. Asalamu alaikum,

    JazakAllah khair for sharing..

    Latest post, Learn what to do on The Night Preceding Eid-ul-Fitr

    Take Care

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't forget to bring a solar paneel for your rooftop. It will be more than usefull!!

    ReplyDelete

Guidelines for submitting comments

You can rant, you can rave, you can question. I ask only that you are thoughtful about what you write.

Comments are reviewed by me before publication. I don’t edit comments, but I do reserve the right to delete comments that violate my guidelines.

These are the kinds of comments that I think are not appropriate for publication:

- Defamatory or libelous remarks
- Abusive, harassing, or threatening language
- Obscene, vulgar, or profane language
- Racially, ethnically or religiously offensive words
- Illegal or encourages criminal acts
- Known to be inaccurate or contains a false attribution
- Infringes copyrights, trademarks, publicity or any other rights of others
- Impersonates anyone (actual or fictitious)
- Off-topic or spam
- Solicits funds, goods or services, or advertises



Please submit comments in English.


Thank you

My Link List