1. How was this year?
I survived it!
2. Was this year better or worse than last year? How come?
This year was much better than last year. I made some drastic changes in my life (stuff I don't blog about!... and you thought you knew everything..lol). The changes made me a better person, I gained confidence and I found out some things about myself that I didn't know about before (but people would point out - I never believed them until now).
3. What was the happiest thing for you this year?
Seeing my son Ibrahim make huge progress in his school life and behaviour.
4. What was the saddest thing for you this year?
Deaths of friends and family.
5. What was the toughest thing for you this year?
So far I managed to achieve what I set out to do. At the time some things seemed very difficult but when I struggled through and found that in the end nothing seemed that tough afterall. At the beginning of the year I was rearranging things both at work and in freindships. That was hard and stressful, but I came through.
6. What was the best movie for you this year?
I don't watch many movies - but I had a good laugh watching Borat. So funny!
7. What was the best music for you this year?
A friend of mine suggested Vassilis Saleas, a Greek clarinetist. Having spent nine years of my childhood playing clarinet I really appreciated the mastery of this wonderful musician.
8. What was the best TV show for you this year?
Nope... never bother to waste my time on television.
9. What was the best place you visited this year?
Nalut - being invited to attend Nalut's annual festival last April was an honor I will never forget.
10. What was the best food you had this year?
Pizza in Malta with Tara. Pizza Hut delivered to our hotel and we had a feast! I saved some in the mini bar's fridge to eat the next day and it was even great cold for breakfast.
11. What was the best restaurant you went to this year?
In Malta Tara and I went with some friends to a small sidewalk cafe. We leisurely people-watched, enjoyed the weather and had a nice time.
12. What was the most useful thing you bought this year?
My laptop. I don't know how I managed without it in the past.
13. What was the most expensive thing you bought this year?
Again.. that would be my laptop.
14. What was the best item of clothing you bought this year?
For dressing up it would be the outfit I got to wear to my friend's daughter's wedding. For everyday it would have to be a jean skirt that is really comfortable.
15. What was the biggest waste of money this year?
I'm pretty frugal when it comes to most things. I think things out before buying anything. The thing I wasted most on was probably junk food - both for myself and the kids. It's so much easier to stop and buy fast food on the way home from work to eat for dinner - I feel tired by the end of the day and never want to come home to go straight in the kitchen. But the cost adds up, especially if you are feeding eight.
16. What was something you lost this year?
Car keys! I went to visit someone at khadara Hospital and had them in my pocket. When I came out the keys were gone and it was a pain in the neck because they had the car alarm on the key so I had to replace the keys and the alarm too. And I took my time replacing the alarm, only doing it after my car was broken into and the car stereo was stolen.
17. Do you have any regrets about this year? What are they?
Regrets... hmm.. I wish I had gotten to go to the US for a visit to see my family. Hopefully this year.
18. Did you make a New Year's Resolution this year? What is it?
No way! I will only give myself a guilt trip if I don't fulfill my New Year's promise.
So there you have it. Eighteen questions about my year.
I hope you all have a very
Happy New Year!