Friday, July 15, 2005

PhotoFriday - Silky



Yusef needed a haircut but was reluctant to have it done. He kept putting it off until his father got fed up with him and took matters into his own hands. The result was a shaved head.

In Libya it is pretty common for boys to have their heads shaved during the summer vacation. The weather is hot and it keeps them cooler. It's called the 'Garhah' cut - named after a large smooth squash called garrah. Soon all the neighborhood boys will be sporting this popular summertime bald look!

Yusef was pissed off about his new 'do' and wouldn't let me take his picture so I had to wait until he fell asleep. He looks funny with his face sunburned from a day at the beach and a very white, smooth head. But I like it! When you touch his scalp it's smooth as silk!

1 comment:

  1. nice contrast, gar3a hairstyle is wonderful in summer

    ReplyDelete

Guidelines for submitting comments

You can rant, you can rave, you can question. I ask only that you are thoughtful about what you write.

Comments are reviewed by me before publication. I don’t edit comments, but I do reserve the right to delete comments that violate my guidelines.

These are the kinds of comments that I think are not appropriate for publication:

- Defamatory or libelous remarks
- Abusive, harassing, or threatening language
- Obscene, vulgar, or profane language
- Racially, ethnically or religiously offensive words
- Illegal or encourages criminal acts
- Known to be inaccurate or contains a false attribution
- Infringes copyrights, trademarks, publicity or any other rights of others
- Impersonates anyone (actual or fictitious)
- Off-topic or spam
- Solicits funds, goods or services, or advertises



Please submit comments in English.


Thank you

My Link List