Please see the tabs above for my Link List and My Journal of the months that the internet was turned off during the February 17th Revolution.

Sunday, July 04, 2010

More on Beach Safety for a Safe Summer

A little over two years ago I wrote a post about the beach season in Libya and posted a link to a wiki about how to survive a riptide. This innocuous post brought forth a barrage of comments - many quite negative and quite a few that were so horrible that I couldn't even post them! Beach safety became the HOT issue of the day in the blogosphere!

In the end, one commenter was inspired to make a FANTASTIC swim safety video and post it on youtube, and I also posted it my blog in a follow up post.

Well, it's beach season again in Libya. And safety is still an issue. I found an interesting post titled: Recognize the Real Signs of Drowning and Save a Life. Have a look at the links in this post - you just may save a life, it may even be your own!

Tajoura, Libya
Wishing you a safe and happy summer.


1 comment:

  1. I read the link on rip tide safety. I don't understand how a basic primer on beach safety and the importance of learning to swim provoked such vitriol. However one of those who commented, a Musa Ali, is in fact aka Moussa Imbrahim, Gaddaffi's spokesperson. It's chilling to note how he mentions that he has "followed your blog" for over 2 years. It's more likely that he was "monitoring" what your blog for any comments against the "leader."
    Anyway, I enjoy your posts and hope you will provide more descriptions of the current transition in Libya.

    ReplyDelete

Guidelines for submitting comments

You can rant, you can rave, you can question. I ask only that you are thoughtful about what you write.

Comments are reviewed by me before publication. I don’t edit comments, but I do reserve the right to delete comments that violate my guidelines.

These are the kinds of comments that I think are not appropriate for publication:

- Defamatory or libelous remarks
- Abusive, harassing, or threatening language
- Obscene, vulgar, or profane language
- Racially, ethnically or religiously offensive words
- Illegal or encourages criminal acts
- Known to be inaccurate or contains a false attribution
- Infringes copyrights, trademarks, publicity or any other rights of others
- Impersonates anyone (actual or fictitious)
- Off-topic or spam
- Solicits funds, goods or services, or advertises



Please submit comments in English.


Thank you

LinkWithin - automatically generated

Related Posts with Thumbnails