Friday, November 14, 2008

Nesting...

It was a quiet and peaceful day. I hung around the house all day. Sara and I rearranged some of the furniture and in the evening we went out shopping to buy some bits and pieces. Every once in a while I feel like changing things, even if it's just getting a new vase or a picture frame. And today was the day for it. We really need new furniture but we've been holding off in the hopes of decorating the house (that will never be finished). The girls and I decided to just forget that plan and get things now if we find what we like.

I want to get rid of the sofa I have in the entrance and get two large arm chairs instead and put a table between them. I'll have to pop into different shops as I'm out driving until I find what I want. 

Today I decided to stop into the carpet shop that I usually buy from and low and behold he had some Ben Walid carpets in new colours. So of course I bought one. The prices are higher than before but even so, 280 dinars for a 100% wool carpet that will last for years and years is really a bargain. He said he will be getting even more stuff in the next week or so. I'll have to go back again.

A while back I heard a rumour that Ikea was going to open up in Tripoli. Has anyone heard anything about that? 

2 comments:

  1. ive heard that about ikea too. aparently theres going to be a mcdonalds, a tesco and an asda too.
    oh, and a disneyland!
    i heard it from a reliable source, but nonetheless its still pretty hard to believe

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's going to be one big cultural shock when Scandinavian design and Libyan taste in interior decoration get together!Personally I like Scandinavian taste far more, but it will be so boring when we all have the same things all over the world.
    Speaking of taste, WHY doesn't Libya have great food like Morrocco and the Middle East??? Any ideas, Teri?

    ReplyDelete

Guidelines for submitting comments

You can rant, you can rave, you can question. I ask only that you are thoughtful about what you write.

Comments are reviewed by me before publication. I don’t edit comments, but I do reserve the right to delete comments that violate my guidelines.

These are the kinds of comments that I think are not appropriate for publication:

- Defamatory or libelous remarks
- Abusive, harassing, or threatening language
- Obscene, vulgar, or profane language
- Racially, ethnically or religiously offensive words
- Illegal or encourages criminal acts
- Known to be inaccurate or contains a false attribution
- Infringes copyrights, trademarks, publicity or any other rights of others
- Impersonates anyone (actual or fictitious)
- Off-topic or spam
- Solicits funds, goods or services, or advertises



Please submit comments in English.


Thank you

My Link List