Home...

I'm back 'home' visiting my family and son in Florida for a while. Time to catch my breath and relax for a change, time to spend with family and friends.

The weeks up to my trip were filled with work and gettting things done around the house. We had a small house fire in the bathroom caused by an electrical short in the lighting of the bathroom mirror (most likely the result of a power surge). The damage was mostly from smoke and required a lot of cleaning. My husband cut his foot on broken glass from the mirror when he ran into the bathroom. It could have been a lot worse! We counted our blessings as we cleaned up the mess. 

For weeks and weeks there have been power outages all over Tripoli and the surrounding area and to top that off the water in the capitol was cut off. Thankfully, we have well water at my house, but it caused a huge amount of problems for many people. The water came back on two days after I left. I hope they get the electricity and water situation sorted out once and for all.

I'm trying not to read the news of what is going on in Libya, but everyday I check at least once. And news doesn't look good! It's very hard to remain optimistic about the situation there. It just might be time to look at other options...  but for the moment I'm planning on heading for the beach to watch the sun set. Time to chill out.

Comments

Below are some of my most popular posts. Enjoy!

A Very Important Guest Post

Old Wive's Tales

Mini Vacay

Eid Greetings

How important is a good night's sleep?

A Big Fat Libyan Wedding

Christmas in Libya

You can do whatever you want in Libya

Keep blogging Libyans!

Facing the Brutal Reality