Please see the tabs above for my Link List and My Journal of the months that the internet was turned off during the February 17th Revolution.

Saturday, March 24, 2012

Libya's streets are a mess.. but I've cleaned up my desk!


After a busy week I'm spending a quiet weekend. Today I concentrated on sorting out my office area. My desk is finally visible. I managed to file away all my papers and dejunk the area. I'm pleased with the result.


The rest of my weekend will be spent doing laundry, a bit of gardening and possibly meeting a friend for coffee. 

Oh, I can't forget to mention that I'm also going to start reading 'The Hunger Games' trilogy. My daughter Nora is a huge fan. She's been begging me to read the books for ages and is now anxiously waiting to see the film. She even had a t-shirt custom designed by a girl she knows at university who's started a small business designing t-shirts.

A few gripes to get off my chest:

  • I noticed while driving around this week that some (but not all) of the potholes are being filled in. So maybe there is hope! Keep up the work - Ainzara Road is still miserable.  


  • Unfortunately the garbage situation is worsening. Huge piles of trash line the streets and roads around town - many have been set alight, thick smoke fills the air. It's quite depressing... and smelly. 


  • LTT Wimax is still horrible. I paid 40 dinars, only to have sporadic Internet service and a slow connection. I feel so cheated! Almadar's Internet isn't much better. (I finally gave up trying to post this yesterday ... it's a day late!)

That's all for the moment. Have a great weekend!

3 comments:

  1. Your office space looks very neat and tidy!

    The garbage situation must be unhygenic! I experienced a trash collectors strike one Winter ago when I was back in the UK, I'd hate to have piles of rubbish in a hot country!

    I'd hate to have bad internet too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here is the explanation why the garbage situation is so bad: http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/middle_east/in-libya-despot-is-gone-but-chaos-reigns/2012/03/31/gIQA3381nS_story.html
    The neighbours of the landfill closed it and declared they don't want Tripolis trash anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really pretty. I love the pla ts! That's something I need to get for my house. I used to have loads when I was in Ireland.

    ReplyDelete

Guidelines for submitting comments

You can rant, you can rave, you can question. I ask only that you are thoughtful about what you write.

Comments are reviewed by me before publication. I don’t edit comments, but I do reserve the right to delete comments that violate my guidelines.

These are the kinds of comments that I think are not appropriate for publication:

- Defamatory or libelous remarks
- Abusive, harassing, or threatening language
- Obscene, vulgar, or profane language
- Racially, ethnically or religiously offensive words
- Illegal or encourages criminal acts
- Known to be inaccurate or contains a false attribution
- Infringes copyrights, trademarks, publicity or any other rights of others
- Impersonates anyone (actual or fictitious)
- Off-topic or spam
- Solicits funds, goods or services, or advertises



Please submit comments in English.


Thank you

LinkWithin - automatically generated

Related Posts with Thumbnails