Ten things I'm looking forward to
1. Winter - this goes along with number 2 & 3
2. Cooler weather - I'm tired of the hum of the ac and feeling like I live in a vaccume
3. Rain - it's been ages since we saw that here
4. The kids going back to school.. when that will happen is anyone's guess
5. LTT's service getting better... maybe this should be nearer the top of the list!
6. My children getting past their teen years... uugh teenagers!
7. Seeing my family in the US someday.. yes really!
8. Getting all the Ramadan and Eid shopping out of the way
9. My next hair appointment... nothing wrong with pampering oneself
10. Springtime and wildflowers... the best season in Libya
You might have noticed that I didn't put Ramadan on the list. That's because I believe Ramadan in Libya is the most awful month in the calendar. In America I looked forward to Ramadan and wished it lasted forever - here it is miserable. People becoming gluttons by stuffing themselves, behaving like raving lunatics and the shopping nightmare one hundred times worse than any last minute x-mas shopping that I ever witnessed in the US... I try to get it all done early and hibernate for the duration of the month. Maybe I should have put on the list that I am waiting for the end of the month of Ramadan.
Another thing not on the list is looking forward to the house being finished. I've given up all hope of seeing that in my lifetime. I am so disgusted with my husband for piddling around and wasting time that I'm not interested in ever living with him there at all even if he does finish it. For God's sake he's spent over five years on this @#!&%#@ project of his...! I don't even like going to see 'the progress' anymore because I end up just wanting to yell and scream at him like some kind of raving maniac. And when anyone asks me how the house is going these days I give them an evil look that makes them back off and apologize for asking.
Thanks for letting me get that all out. And thanks SJ - it was good therapy!