Sunday, November 19, 2006

Another weekend is over

Today marks the beginning of the kid's mid-term exams. They've been studying all weekend long. Well, actually, they've been mostly fighting with each other, or trying to watch cartoons and they've got either the CD player blasting away, or mp3 players stuffed into their ears. At least that what it seems they've been doing to me. When I tell them to get back to work they complain that they need an occasional break from study.

I've decided not to nag at them too much. They need to be taught that they are responsible for their studies - I certainly can't sit on them all the time, can I?

Ibrahim has been up to his usual tricks. He's broken the glass in the kitchen window. Thank God no one got hurt but it will be difficult to replace because the glass was a special tinted glass that we had installed before we moved in 16 years ago. I'm not sure I'll be able to match the same kind of glass and in order to replace it I'll have to take the window off it's hinges and drive around to the various workshops that sell glass. The thought of having to do this doesn't thrill me at all.

If Ibrahim doesn't make me lose my mind the neighbour upstairs will. The fourth week of pounding and banging upstairs has begun. I can't imagine what else they guy up there has left to knock down.

All the noise, both in my house and beyond, makes me nervous - I am looking forward to going back to work.... it seemed like an awfully long weekend.

2 comments:

  1. You have to ask the guy upstairs for a tour one day while he is working! I bet he would be pleased to show you and at the very least the " WHAT IS HE DOING UP THERE?" question will have an answer. For me not knowing what all the noise is about makes it twice as hard to put up with.
    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why don't ask husband to have the window fixed. I thought in Libya men do all the outside rough work.

    ReplyDelete

Guidelines for submitting comments

You can rant, you can rave, you can question. I ask only that you are thoughtful about what you write.

Comments are reviewed by me before publication. I don’t edit comments, but I do reserve the right to delete comments that violate my guidelines.

These are the kinds of comments that I think are not appropriate for publication:

- Defamatory or libelous remarks
- Abusive, harassing, or threatening language
- Obscene, vulgar, or profane language
- Racially, ethnically or religiously offensive words
- Illegal or encourages criminal acts
- Known to be inaccurate or contains a false attribution
- Infringes copyrights, trademarks, publicity or any other rights of others
- Impersonates anyone (actual or fictitious)
- Off-topic or spam
- Solicits funds, goods or services, or advertises



Please submit comments in English.


Thank you

My Link List