I have a child that I have never seen. This child is the most mischievous of all my children. Never a day passes without some kind of problem happening because of the antics of this, my naughtiest child, has done.
I'm not sure if this child is a girl or a boy for I don't remember giving birth to it. I never named this child, but it has a name that everyone in the family knows. It's name is 'Mish Ani' which in Libyan Arabic means 'not me'.
- Who left the water running in the bathroom? 'Mish Ani!'
- Who spilled the milk on the floor in the kitchen? 'Mish Ani!'
- Who ate all the cookies that I was saving for guests? 'Mish Ani!'
- Who is going to take out the garbage? 'Mish Ani!'
- Who has the keys to the storage room? 'Mish Ani!!'
Why can't it be?
- Who failed their math exam? 'Mish Ani!'
- Who wants to watch cartoons? 'Mish Ani!'
One day I may discover who this illusive child of mine is. In the meantime I will just hope Mish Ani doesn't drive me crazy!
For some reason I bet lots of people have a Mish Ani in their family too!